Bonnie fell in love with the Cape while visiting family friends the summer after graduating from Walnut Hill School in Natick, Massachusetts. She attended Mount Mary College in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and completed a dual major in History and French. To achieve fluency, Bonnie also lived in France and undertook an intense program at the University of Paris, the Sorbonne. She continues to be proficient in French.
In an intentional move back to New England, Bonnie attended the evening program at Roger Williams University in Bristol, Rhode Island, while continuing to work full time as a litigation paralegal in Providence. While working with the Social Security Law Group assisting people afflicted with severe medical and psychiatric impairments, a friend called to tell her about an opening at La Tanzi, Spaulding & Landreth. In 2003, Bonnie accepted a position with the firm and moved to the Cape, settling in Brewster with her husband, Mark, who was raised in Bass River. Bonnie became a partner in the Real Estate Department in 2007.
Bonnie has extensive experience representing lenders, buyers and sellers in the diverse towns from Brewster to Provincetown. She specializes in all aspects of condominium law, including representation of condominium associations, and completing condominium conversions.
Actively involved professionally, Bonnie serves on the Executive Committee of the Barnstable County Bar and on the Conveyancing Committee of the Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts. In the community, she is the attorney coach for the Nauset Regional High School Mock Trial Team and the Community Outreach Officer and Director of Brewster Regional Little League.
- J.D., Roger Williams University School of Law, 2001
Corpus Juris Secundum Award for Academic Excellence in Contracts
- B.A., Mount Mary College, 1990
- Certificat, University of Paris–La Sorbonne, Paris, France, 1989
- Massachusetts, January 2002
Professional & Civic Activities
- Real Estate Bar Association (REBA), Real Estate Conveyancing Committee Member
- Barnstable County Bar Association, Executive Committee Member
- Social Security Law Group, LLP, Braintree, Massachusetts, Regional Senior Attorney, 2002-2003
- Attorney Coach, Nauset Regional High School Mock Trial Team and the Community Outreach Officer
- Director of Brewster Regional Little League
- Assistant Den Leader, Cub Scouts, Pack 72
- Nauset Regional School Committee, Former Vice Chairman, 2007–2010
- Cape Cod Collaborative, Former Director, 2007–2009