Born and raised in New York City, Ingrid fell in love with Cape Cod on her first visit as a young child. She is a graduate of Georgetown University Law Center and Harvard Divinity School. Before moving to the Cape to concentrate on estate planning, settlement and probate, Ingrid was an associate in the Litigation and Antitrust practice groups at Arnold & Porter LLP in Washington, DC, where she successfully represented a conservator in complex litigation and leading corporations and financial institutions in internal investigations, regulatory compliance, mergers and acquisitions, and a variety of breach of contract and fiduciary duty matters. Ingrid’s active pro bono practice has focused on issues of constitutional law, asylum, indigent defendants’ right to counsel, the death penalty, and assisting a veterans services non-profit in acquiring tax-exempt status.
While attending law school, Ingrid worked full time as the Director of LL.M. Academic Services at Georgetown University Law Center. Prior to that, she served as a Senior Policy Analyst for the Speaker of The New York City Council and Associate Director for the Commission on the Campaign for Fiscal Equity. Ingrid has advised government officials on education, homeland security, housing, environmental protection, land use, city, state and federal legislative affairs, and has overseen and influenced operating and capital budgets of $10 million for non-profits and public schools.
During her years in Cambridge, Ingrid worked full time at the Cambridge Center for Adult Education while studying religion, human rights, and foreign policy at the Harvard Divinity School, taking a quarter of her courses at the John F. Kennedy School of Government. Ingrid subsequently worked at a U.N. NGO, focusing on human rights in areas of conflict. Ingrid’s interest in making a difference at the local level prompted her pursuit of a law degree and, ultimately, her decision to work in trusts and estates in the Cape Cod community.
- J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2010
- M.T.S., Harvard Divinity School, MA, 2000
- B.A., magna cum laude, Binghamton University, 1997
Commencement Speaker; Phi Beta Kappa; Award for Excellence in the Humanities; International Scholar Award
Semester abroad, Université Paul Valéry, Montpellier, France, Spring 1996
- Massachusetts, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2013
- District of Columbia, 2011
- Maryland, 2010
Professional & Civic Activities
- Barnstable County Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Cape Cod
- Arnold & Porter LLP, Washington, DC, Associate, 2011–2014
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, DC, Director, LL.M.
- Academic Services, Office of Graduate Programs, 2008–2010; Assistant Director, 2006–2008
- Heller Ehrman LLP, Washington, DC, Associate, Summer 2008
- The New York City Council, New York, NY, Senior Policy Analyst, Office of the Speaker, 2003–2006; Director of Community Affairs, Office of Council Member Eva Moskowitz, Education Committee Chair, 2002–2003
- World Conference On Religion And Peace, (United Nations NGO), New York, NY, Women’s Program Associate, 2000–2001
- Cambridge Center For Adult Education, Cambridge, MA, Supervisor, 1997–2000