Lawrence O. Spaulding, Jr.
Larry moved to Cape Cod upon graduation from law school in 1972 to practice law with Tom La Tanzi. He received a B.A. from Trinity College and his law degree from Boston College Law School, where he was a research assistant for Professor Mary Ann Glendon.
Early in his career, Larry served as town counsel for the Towns of Orleans and Brewster for almost 10 years, before concentrating his practice in the area of estate planning and estate settlement/probate. Larry became a fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel in 1986. He has also served as president of the Barnstable County Bar Association, as a delegate to the Massachusetts Bar Association and as president of the Estate Planning Council of Cape Cod.
Larry became of counsel to the firm in the spring of 2012, but continues to practice in the firm’s Trusts and Estates Department. When not in the office, he is an avid skier, golfer and fly fisherman in both salt and fresh water.
- J.D., Boston College Law School, 1972
- B.A., Trinity College, 1969
- Massachusetts, 1972
- Federal District Court, 1973
- United States Tax Court, 1975
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Delegate, 1988–1990
- Barnstable County Bar Association, President, 1984–1986
- Estate Planning Council of Cape Cod, President, 1979–1980
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow 1986–present
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Massachusetts Chapter
- City Solicitors and Town Counsel Association
- Legal Services for Cape Cod and the Islands, Inc., Director, 1974–1984; 1997–2005
- Town Counsel to the Town of Orleans, 1973–1982
- Town Counsel to the Town of Brewster, 1973–1983
- Orleans representative to Cape Cod National Seashore Advisory Commission