Lisa F. Sherman
Raised on Cape Cod since the age of 2, Lisa attended Dennis-Yarmouth High School and the University of New Hampshire before marrying and settling in Harwich in 1988. Lisa graduated from Suffolk University Law School with Honors in 1992, where she was selected by the faculty as the student commencement speaker and by the Massachusetts Women’s Bar Association as the top female graduate.
From 1992 to 2000, Lisa worked at the Boston law firm of Sullivan & Worcester LLP, where she was a member of the Litigation Department, concentrating in probate and complex commercial litigation. In 2000, Lisa decided to stop commuting from Cape Cod to Boston and joined La Tanzi, Spaulding & Landreth, P.C., where she became a partner in the Trusts and Estates Department in 2003. Lisa’s practice concentrates on estate planning, estate settlement/probate and elder law.
Lisa is a Hearing Committee Member for the Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers. She is also a regular presenter in the area of estate planning and long-term-care planning for both Nauset Adult Education and the Massachusetts Bar Association Elder Law Education Program. She is also a regular contributor to the Barnstable County Bar Association’s quarterly publication, The Barrister, and is a member of several professional and civic associations, including the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys, the Estate Planning Council of Cape Cod and the Probate and Family Inn of Court.
- J.D., cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 1992
- Outstanding Woman Law Graduate, National Association of Women Lawyers
- B.A., cum laude, University of New Hampshire, 1988
- Massachusetts, 1992
- U.S.D.C., District of Massachusetts, 1993
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Barnstable County Bar Association
- Massachusetts Family and Probate American Inn of Court
- Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers, Hearing Committee Member
- Estate Planning Council of Cape Cod
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Massachusetts Chapter
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP, Boston, Massachusetts, Associate, 1992–2000
- Hope Health (formerly Hospice and Palliative Care of Cape Cod), Philanthropy Committee Member, Past Director, Past Vice Chair
- Okemo Mountain Alpine Racing Association (“OMARA”), Director
- Okemo Mountain School Leadership Council Member
- The R.O.S.E. Fund, Honorary Director, Past Chair
- Harwich Little League, Past Director