Christopher J. Ward
Although Chris is originally from Granby, Massachusetts, he spent countless summers in Eastham and Hyannis during his youth. He attended Deerfield Academy, then the University of Vermont, graduating in 1995 with degrees in English and Political Science. Chris graduated from Western New England University School of Law in 2001 and the Georgetown University Law School in 2002, where he received an LL.M. in Taxation.
Chris began his legal career working at his father’s general practice in Belchertown, Massachusetts. In 2002, Chris joined the Hyannis law firm of Haddleton & Associates, P.C., where he concentrated in estate planning, estate settlement/probate, and taxation. In 2007, Chris joined La Tanzi, Spaulding & Landreth where he became a partner in the Trusts and Estates Department in 2009. Chris is the only member of the Trusts and Estates Department licensed to practice law in both Massachusetts and Florida.
Chris is a past President of the Barnstable County Bar Association, past President of the Estate Planning Council of Cape Cod and past President of the Cape Cod Young Professionals. He serves on the Trust Fund Advisory Board for the Town of Barnstable, the Advisory Board for The Community Development Partnership, a Director of the JFK Hyannis Museum Foundation and is a Cape Cod Five Corporator. Chris is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) and is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell. He has been annually recognized as a Rising Star and Super Lawyer by Massachusetts Super Lawyers since 2011. He was also named as a 40 Under 40 Award winner in 2010 by Cape & Plymouth Business magazine. He is a regular speaker and writer in the areas of estate planning and estate settlement/probate.
- Trusts and Estates;; Taxation
- LL.M. in Taxation, Georgetown University Law Center, 2002
- J.D., Western New England College School of Law, 2001
- B.A., University of Vermont, 1995
- Massachusetts, 2002
- Florida, 2006
- United States Tax Court, 2002
Professional & Civic Activities
- ACTEC Fellow
- Barnstable County Bar Association, Past President
- Estate Planning Council of Cape Cod, Director and Past President
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Cape Cod Five Corporator
- Haddleton & Associates, P.C., Hyannis, Massachusetts, Associate, 2002–2007
- Cape Cod Young Professionals, Past President
- Trust Fund Advisory Board for the Town of Barnstable, Member
- John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum Foundation, Director
- Community Development Partnership Advisory Council Member