Melanie J. O’Keefe
Raised in Maine, Melanie moved to the Boston area after graduating from Colby College in 1990. After initially working in the investment field, Melanie enrolled in law school, attending the evening program at Suffolk University Law School while continuing to work full time. After graduating in 1996, Melanie joined the Boston law firm of Bingham McCutchen LLP, where she was an associate in the bank finance group focusing on secured lending and debt restructuring transactions.
Melanie relocated to Cape Cod, joining La Tanzi, Spaulding & Landreth in 2003 and being named a partner in 2007. Melanie represents buyers, sellers and lenders in a variety of commercial real estate and business transactions, including acquisitions, financing transactions and leases. Melanie also represents clients in various stages of development, providing advice on initial organizational matters, business maintenance, exit strategies and succession planning. Due to the prevalence of family owned properties on Cape Cod, Melanie has also developed expertise in advising families seeking to effectively manage the property and maintain it within the family as it is passed down to the next generation.
Melanie is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, the Barnstable County Bar Association and the Real Estate Bar Association.
Melanie lives in Orleans with her husband and two sons and is active in the community serving as the President of the Orleans After School Activities Program, Inc.
- J.D., cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 1996
- B.A., Administrative Science, Colby College, 1990
Graduate with distinction in the major
- Massachusetts, 1996
Professional & Civic Activities
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Barnstable County Bar Association
- Real Estate Bar Association (REBA)
- Corporator for Seamen’s Bank
- Bingham McCutchen LLP, Boston, Massachusetts, Associate, 1996–2003
- Orleans Community Partnership, Inc., Advisory Council
- Orleans After School Activities Program, Inc., Director