Seth G. Roman
Seth focuses his practice on general civil and criminal litigation. He was admitted to the New Hampshire Bar in 1997, the Maine Bar in 1998, and the Massachusetts Bar in 1998. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court, District of Massachusetts, and the first Circuit Court of Appeals. He graduated magna cum laude from Boston College in 1994 and cum laude from Boston College Law School in 1997.
Seth began his legal career as a law clerk for the New Hampshire Superior Court, providing assistance with civil, criminal, equity, and domestic relations matters. Following his clerkship, he was accepted to the Attorney General’s Honor Program, serving as an attorney for the United States Department of Justice assigned to the Northeast Regional Office of the Federal Bureau of Prisons in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In 2000, Seth and his wife, Susan, an investment advisor who grew up in Falmouth, returned to Cape Cod to start their family. Seth was hired as a criminal prosecutor, working in the Cape & Islands District Attorney’s Office under Philip Rollins, and then Michael O’Keefe.
Seth joined La Tanzi, Spaulding & Landreth in 2021, after having worked at the Hyannis firm of Carter DeYoung (formerly Wilkins and DeYoung) since 2004. His civil practice is multi faceted, and includes complex business litigation, construction cases, personal injury, landlord/tenant, administrative appeals, civil rights cases, trust and estate litigation, debt collection, real estate cases, wage and employment discrimination claims, and other general civil litigation matters. Drawing upon his experience as a prosecutor, Seth defends individuals accused of felonies and misdemeanors in Superior Court, District Court, and Juvenile Court. Seth also handles civil and criminal appeals.
- J.D., cum laude, Boston College Law School, 1997
- B.A., magna cum laude, Boston College, 1994
- Massachusetts, 1998
- Maine, 1998 (Inactive)
- New Hampshire, 1997 (Inactive)
- United States District Court, D. Mass., 2006
- United States District Court, D. N.H., 1997
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit, 2017
- Carter DeYoung (formerly Wilkins & DeYoung), Hyannis, Massachusetts
Partner, 2011-2021, Associate, 2004-2010
- Cape & Islands District Attorney’s Office, Barnstable, Massachusetts
Assistant District Attorney, 2000-2004
- United States Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Prisons, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Attorney Advisor, Attorney General’s Honor Program, 1999-2000
- State of New Hampshire Superior Court, Concord, New Hampshire
Law Clerk, 1997-1999